Dates: May 4 – 6, 2017
Location: Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center in Kansas City, MO
The mission of the National Parkinson Foundation is to make life better for people affected by Parkinson's through expert care, research, and education. The Centers of Excellence Leadership Conference (CLC) is the perfect venue to highlight these efforts and the great accomplishments of NPF’s Centers of Excellence (COEs).
The goal of the conference is to convene the medical directors, center coordinators and other leaders from our Centers of Excellence to discuss the latest research and best practices in care delivery and to highlight NPF’s programs. The focus of this year’s meeting is Impacting Care for the Patients of Today and Tomorrow. Mark Stacy, MD, medical director at Duke University and this year’s keynote speaker, will kick it off with a presentation on a new career development program for clinical trial coordinators. The rest of the agenda was built based on your requests, and it includes the first-ever meeting for NPF center coordinators, as well as two days of thought-provoking sessions that will provide insights and techniques to bring back to your teams.
Registration is open through April 10, 2017. Register here.
Please note that this event is by invitation only.
Sheraton Hotels requires all participants to make their own reservations. Click here to be directed to the hotel page. NPF will cover 3 nights (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday) for all COE coordinators and 2 nights (Thursday and Friday) for all COE medical directors and other previously approved representatives. A credit card is required to hold your reservation and for incidentals, but your hotel reservation will be billed to the NPF master account. If you are an additional attendee (JCC program or other) or you wish to extend your stay longer than the nights covered by NPF, you will be charged directly for your hotel stay. A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate of $189.00 (USD, plus applicable taxes). This rate is available for 3 days before and after the conference. Credit cards will not be charged until the checkout date for any applicable charges not covered by NPF (such as amenities, extra room nights, additional participants from your COE, non-paid sponsor rooms, etc.). Rooms must be booked by April 7, 2017.
Call for Abstracts
The call for abstracts is now closed. We will be showcasing dozens of posters during the conference, highlighting the wonderful work you all have been doing for people affected by Parkinson’s.
For those of you who submitted posters: The poster display will be 8ft wide x 4ft high. Your poster does not need to fill the board, but should not be larger than the display area.
Travel Policy and Forms
All reimbursements are to be submitted after the conference with itemized receipts. The deadline for submitting your reimbursement form is May 26, 2017. Details are below.
- Make travel arrangements as soon as possible to obtain the most economical airfare. Airfare purchased after April 4, 2017, will be reimbursed up to $400.
- For US and Canadian COE attendees: NPF will reimburse travel expenses up to US$1000 per Center of Excellence for two representatives, (medical director and center coordinator). Please note this figure is per center, NOT per traveler.
- For COE attendees from outside North America: NPF will reimburse up to US$1000 in travel for the medical director or pre-approved COE representative.
- NPF will reimburse ground transportation for taxi, train, bus, and parking. NPF will not reimburse car rentals, seat/class upgrades, and travel insurance. If driving, mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS rate per mile and must be accompanied by printed directions (e.g., Google Maps, MapQuest).
- NPF will cover two nights (Thursday and Friday) for the two representatives at each Center, unless other arrangements have been pre-approved.
- Additional Center representatives are welcome to attend the conference if Centers will cover their travel and hotel expenses. They must register by April 10, 2017.
- Conference meals will be provided by NPF (dinner on Thursday, all meals on Friday, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday).
- Meals purchased outside of the conference will not be reimbursed.
- Alcoholic beverages will not be reimbursed.
- Reimbursement form must be submitted electronically by May 26, 2017, with all detailed receipts. Reimbursements will not be paid if submitted after the deadline or if they are missing any receipts.
If you cannot join us for the meeting, let us know as soon as possible. All cancellations must be in writing via email to Clarissa Martinez-Rubio, PhD, at firstname.lastname@example.org .